Amazon.com's Price: $105.00as of 08/14/2018 10:02 EDT
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Brand: CRC Press
Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: 9216149581
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
92 black & white illustrations, 15 black
Number Of Items:
Number Of Pages:
November 06, 2012
- Used Book in Good Condition
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Editorial Review:Product Description:
Covering theory, algorithms, and methodologies, as well as data mining technologies, Data Mining for Bioinformatics
provides a comprehensive discussion of data-intensive computations used in data mining with applications in bioinformatics. It supplies a broad, yet in-depth, overview of the application domains of data mining for bioinformatics to help readers from both biology and computer science backgrounds gain an enhanced understanding of this cross-disciplinary field.
The book offers authoritative coverage of data mining techniques, technologies, and frameworks used for storing, analyzing, and extracting knowledge from large databases in the bioinformatics domains, including genomics and proteomics. It begins by describing the evolution of bioinformatics and highlighting the challenges that can be addressed using data mining techniques. Introducing the various data mining techniques that can be employed in biological databases, the text is organized into four sections:
- Supplies a complete overview of the evolution of the field and its intersection with computational learning
- Describes the role of data mining in analyzing large biological databases―explaining the breath of the various feature selection and feature extraction techniques that data mining has to offer
- Focuses on concepts of unsupervised learning using clustering techniques and its application to large biological data
- Covers supervised learning using classification techniques most commonly used in bioinformatics―addressing the need for validation and benchmarking of inferences derived using either clustering or classification
The book describes the various biological databases prominently referred to in bioinformatics and includes a detailed list of the applications of advanced clustering algorithms used in bioinformatics. Highlighting the challenges encountered during the application of classification on biological databases, it considers systems of both single and ensemble classifiers and shares effort-saving tips for model selection and performance estimation strategies.
Average Rating: none