List Price: $84.95
Amazon.com's Price: $76.45You Save: $8.50 (10%)as of 03/21/2018 04:06 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
ACCESS CODE INCLUDED
Item Dimensions: 1075825310125
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Number Of Items:
Number Of Pages:
March 19, 2009
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Editorial Review:Product Description:
With contributions from leading faculty, this new edition provides a clear and concise overview of the most important aspects of pharmacology necessary for a basic understanding of the subject. It reviews the concepts, clinical applications and side effects of pharmacology, emphasising practical applications of the material, whenever possible. A consistent style of writing, and more focused content, help you to better master the essentials.
- Includes online access to Student Consult where you’ll find USMLE-style questions, animations showing the actions of various important toxins, and much more.
- Focuses on the essential aspects of pharmacology for a solid foundation of knowledge in the subject.
- Includes more than 480 full-color illustrations that explain key pharmacologic processes.
- Provides between 4 and 6 USMLE-style self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter―with answers and full explanations in the appendix―that help you prepare for exams and master the material.
- Uses a templated format that promotes more effective and efficient learning.
- Presents color-coded boxes in each chapter that emphasize key points.
- Features a clinical emphasis throughout on both the basic science of pharmacology and its clinical relevance.
- Includes new Gold Standard content on Student Consult with 200 Professional Drug Monographs for additional information on generic and brand names, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, indications and dosage, drug interactions, patient education and much more!
- Features a more consistent style of writing―as well as focused, concise content―for enhanced learning of the essentials.
- Presents chapters in a re-arranged order for a more logical approach to learning.
- Includes additional biochemistry and physiology information in the introduction for each section for greater understanding.
Average Rating: none