List Price: $54.95
Amazon.com's Price: $45.39You Save: $9.56 (17%)as of 09/25/2018 12:46 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
Item Dimensions: 925750256124
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Number Of Items:
Number Of Pages:
November 21, 2014
November 07, 2014
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
- Successful Business Intelligence, Second Edition: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data
- The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Definitive Guide to Dimensional Modeling
- Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know about Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
- The Definitive Guide to DAX: Business intelligence with Microsoft Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services, and Power BI (Business Skills)
- Business Intelligence Roadmap: The Complete Project Lifecycle for Decision-Support Applications
- Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
- Hyper: Changing the way you think about, plan, and execute business intelligence for real results, real fast!
- Data Mining for Business Analytics: Concepts, Techniques, and Applications with XLMiner
- Business Intelligence Strategy: A Practical Guide for Achieving BI Excellence
- Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business
- see more
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Editorial Review:Product Description:
Between the high-level concepts of business intelligence and the nitty-gritty instructions for using vendors’ tools lies the essential, yet poorly-understood layer of architecture, design and process. Without this knowledge, Big Data is belittled – projects flounder, are late and go over budget. Business Intelligence Guidebook: From Data Integration to Analytics
shines a bright light on an often neglected topic, arming you with the knowledge you need to design rock-solid business intelligence and data integration processes. Practicing consultant and adjunct BI professor Rick Sherman takes the guesswork out of creating systems that are cost-effective, reusable and essential for transforming raw data into valuable information for business decision-makers.
After reading this book, you will be able to design the overall architecture for functioning business intelligence systems with the supporting data warehousing and data-integration applications. You will have the information you need to get a project launched, developed, managed and delivered on time and on budget – turning the deluge of data into actionable information that fuels business knowledge. Finally, you’ll give your career a boost by demonstrating an essential knowledge that puts corporate BI projects on a fast-track to success.
- Provides practical guidelines for building successful BI, DW and data integration solutions.
- Explains underlying BI, DW and data integration design, architecture and processes in clear, accessible language.
- Includes the complete project development lifecycle that can be applied at large enterprises as well as at small to medium-sized businesses
- Describes best practices and pragmatic approaches so readers can put them into action.
- Companion website includes templates and examples, further discussion of key topics, instructor materials, and references to trusted industry sources.
Average Rating: none