List Price: $69.95
Amazon.com's Price: $49.34You Save: $20.61 (29%)as of 09/25/2018 21:32 EDT
Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
Item Dimensions: 93074019590
Languages: EnglishPublishedEnglishOriginal LanguageEnglishUnknown
Number Of Items:
Number Of Pages:
January 26, 2010
Alternate Versions: Click to Display
Browse for similar items by category: Click to Display
Editorial Review:Product Description:
Statistical Bioinformatics provides a balanced treatment of statistical theory in the context of bioinformatics applications.
Designed for a one or two semester senior undergraduate or graduate bioinformatics course, the text takes a broad view of the subject – not just gene expression and sequence analysis, but a careful balance of statistical theory in the context of bioinformatics applications.
The inclusion of R & SAS code as well as the development of advanced methodology such as Bayesian and Markov models provides students with the important foundation needed to conduct bioinformatics.
- Integrates biological, statistical and computational concepts
- Inclusion of R & SAS code
- Provides coverage of complex statistical methods in context with applications in bioinformatics
- Exercises and examples aid teaching and learning presented at the right level
- Bayesian methods and the modern multiple testing principles in one convenient book
Average Rating: none